Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[HELP] Photoshop display problem

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

(Apologies in advace for the grammar mistakes that I will make since English isn't my first language)

A few weeks ago, I downloaded an Adobe Creative package with Photoshop included but hasn't been able to use since because of a display problem/bug.

As you can see in the pictures, the softwore doesn't open correctly, it doesn't display the taskbar and "masks" some parts so you can actually see the window open behind. I cannot even see the icons to close or reduce the window.

I deleted and reinstalled the software about dozen times, updated my computer and the software many tmes, and it still has the same problem.1.jpg2.jpg

Thank you for your help if you can answer me. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using key commands to get into General Preferences (Command K), then go into performance area of the Preferences, turn OFF GPU acceleration (Use Graphic Processor), quit and launch PS again. Did that help? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for your time and your answer ! 

I did as you said, relaunched multiples times and it isn't fixed unfortunately, I still have the same problem.

Do you maybe have another idea ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try trashing your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

(Mac OS only) Open the Preferences folder in the Library folder, and drag the Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder to the Trash.

This action only affects the items found in the preferences dialog box. Numerous program settings are stored in the Adobe Photoshop Preferences file, including general display options, file-saving options, performance options, cursor options, transparency options, type options, and options for plug‑ins and scratch disks. Brushes (and lots of other setting) are not affected by the above instructions for deleting preferences. You may wish to make a screen capture of the settings in the Preferences dialog to reset them prior to deleting of this file. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, tried this as well. It still doesn't work...

I don't know what to do at this point, i'm so disappointed to have bought something I cannot use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting the Workspace?

Menu > Window > Workspace > Reset Essentials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did actually, I've resetted the whole software many times. Just tried again, it does not change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't tell if you have explicitly reset the Workspace as opposed to resetting the preferences. Any luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I did the right thing but it still doesn't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are running Windows, check to see if you have two active video drivers. If so, disable the one labeled "Intel".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like I have two active drivers but none of them are called "Intel", I have : AMD Radeon R5 and AMD Radeon R7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the hardware video adatpter (assuming there's only one)? That is the driver you should be using. You may want to take the opportunity to download the latest drive from AMD's sith, as they have just released new drivers for both

Photoshop has always been sensitive to having multiple video drivers, but the latest release seems to be especially so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines