Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help please! Depth Pass Redshift to Photoshop Lense Blur Issues

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am beyond frustrated and I could really use some help. I am trying to get a Z-Depth Pass from Cinema 4D Redshift into Photoshop. I got it to work ONCE and I have no clue how. It's been hours now and I can't replicate the results that I got.

I "thought" I had figured it out and when I went to make a quick tutorial for a team member I could not replicate the screen shots below at all...no matter how many times I tried I do not understand what the problem is.
Example 1.pngExample 2.png
I was in a 16bit PS document so the lense blur effect would work (in 32 bit it's greyed out).
The Z-depth pass had these settings: Screenshot 2021-12-03 14.58.48.png
I have tried Filter type:Z & Centered
Depth Mode: Z, Normalized, & Inverted (Normalized and Inverted yield horrible blurry halo-ing on the lens blur).
And I'm using .Targa because Ps can't understand .EXR Z-Depth.
Tried .TIFF at 16bits...didn't work at all.
It works with no issue in After Effects, Black Magic Fusion, Nuke...and I got it to work ONCE in Photoshop. But I can't replicate the ability to bring it in and have the Zdepth channel already be there although the image appear pure white like in my 2 example screenshots.

Please please please someone help me because I am losing my f!@#$%ing mind. I even took the exact Z-Depth AOV and put it back into photoshop and I'm getting nothing...It's pure white and all the channels are white with no pre-exisiting Zdepth channel.

And for the record, the client wants the Ps file for their own manipulation after we finish. Which is why I don't want to bake the depth blur into the image. This should of been simple and worked easily... It's been agonizing.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are the original screen shots before I cropped them and wrote the notes. Maybe they have a clue?

Screenshot 2021-12-03 13.11.27.png

Screenshot 2021-12-03 13.14.27.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines