Help Please! Need to flip a product that contains writing

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

Here's hoping that someone can assist!

I work on a mac 

I work in E-Commerce and we have caps featured in the store but they are from different brands and thus, the product imagery faces different directions. These caps have branding on them and no matter what I try, I can't get it to flip and still look realistic as well as flipping the writing. I have attached image examples of what I am talking about in case none of this makes sense. 

Ideally, we'd want the Timberland cap to display in the same direction as the cap from The North Face

If you can help, it would be much appreciated!

Screenshot2023-12-05at14.00.12.pngA1XR7231-HERO.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you're creating a problem w.here one doesn't exist. If I saw this in a webshop, I think I'd mostly welcome the visual diversity. I wouldn't mind that.

It's much more important to have consistent lighting and general visual identity. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is P.O.D., can't the manufacturer provide the mockup with the design on it? Usually you can choose form various directions it's facing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing in Ps that can change the perspective of that logo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

II don't think think there's a quick fix for this.  You are going to need to flip the hat. Make a cliipping path of the graphic and use a layer mask to remove the background.  You can shortcut some of this by making a loose selection of the graphic and using Remove Background.  That might drastically reduce the work needed to do this manually.

When you get a clean cutout of the graphic, make it a Smart Object. This will let you make multiple attempts to get the Free Transform right without losing the corner points position.  You can see I added a drop shadow. 

image.png

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines