Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help what type of image is this?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone tell me what type of image this is?  I created it from a photo, and I can't figure out how for my life.  It's exact and doesn't seem to be an oil painting.  Maybe an app.  I have tried photoshop and illustrator, but they are not as precise or colorful as this image is.  I am unsure if this is a sketch, a pencil drawing, or what.  Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from cc services >

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like a photo with some filters applied  to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my reply in the AE forum.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this type of image have a name, but it definitely looks like a photo, manipulated.
Could be done in Photoshop, most certainly, although having the colours right would be tricky.

Lighten the image drastically, increasing both sharpness and edge contrast, oversaturated colours.

There is probably a oneclick filter out there to do that, but not in photoshop (Illustrator don't seem to be the right software for that kind of things, unless you want to redraw)

For the sketch effect, check that tutorial, it will help
https://photoshopcafe.com/turn-photo-comic-book-effect-photoshop-tutorial-cartoon-photoshop/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone tell me what type of image this is?  I created it from a photo, and I can't figure out how for my life.  It's exact and doesn't seem to be an oil painting.  Maybe an app.  I have tried photoshop and illustrator, but they are not as precise or colorful as this image is.  I am unsure if this is a sketch, a pencil drawing, or what.  Any help is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone tell me what type of image this is?  I created it from a photo, and I can't figure out how for the life of me.  It's exact and doesn't seem to be an oil painting.  Maybe an app.  I have tried photoshop and illustrator, but they are not as precise or colorful as this image is.  I am unsure if this is a sketch, a pencil drawing, or what.  Any help is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm almost sure that it has a Photoshop filter applied, you could ask there and they will surely answer you very quickly. I'm sure it's not oil, it's not even plastic art, it's an image processed in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably a combination of multiple duplicate layers with blending modes and reduced opacities. I can see an inverted layer in there, a Find Edges filter, some Color Burn. Of course there would also be adjustments like Curves to tweak contrast as well as possibly others. Masking may also be necessary. Point in case: this isn't a canned effect, just clever use of standard processing features.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mrs Debra Knows wrote:

I created it from a photo, and I can't figure out how for my life. Maybe an app. .

If it was an app, it could well have been Photoshop Camera. If you still have the original photo, try some of the lenses and effects in that app, maybe Artful 1, 2, or 3. It's available for iOS and Android. 

https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/11/21276924/photoshop-camera-adobe-launch-free-face-filter-app

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It could be a layer that the high pass filter was applied, then duplicated and tje duplicate layer's blend mode set to Hard Mix. Just a guess, I haven't tried it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines