Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

High screen resolution problems

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 

Just bought a Dell XPS lapptop with screen resolution 3200x1800 and windows 8.1. After installing photoshop CS6 the program interface, menus and icons are extremly smal and almost impossible to see. That also happens in Bridge but not in Lightroom. Thankfull for your help.  Best regards/janis lukas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

panohori19836 wrote:

Still I am working on a big 27 inch screen as well with a resolution 2560 x 1440 and I do not have this problem.

You need to get a better grasp  on resolution.  2560x1440px  and 3200x1800px are not  resolution they are number of pixels your displays display.  To get you display resolution you need to factor the display size. 

Both of your displays have same 16:9 aspect ratio but have different different size and number of pixels.

You desktop 27" display displays 2560x1440

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Mentor ,
May 09, 2015 May 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I thank you for all the information you already have given.

I currently have a 13" screen with 3200x1800 pixels and I have Adobe creative suite CS6 :

- in Illustrator interface is really small

- in InDesign all is a little blur.

When I put me screen to 1360x768, Illustrator is not small anymore, but both Illustrator and InDesign are blur and not only the interface, but also the file text.

Does it exist a mean to avoid the softwares to be blur ?

Since I have still the possibility to change my computer I'm thinking to do it.

Will the problem still occur with a 13'' with 1920x1080 pixels ?

I will be very thankful for your help !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Why does Lightroom look just fine on hi-res screen but not Bridge? Adobe fixed the display from earlier versions of LR to where it looks Great on LR 6. Why can't they apply the same settings to Bridge and others? Don't tell me all about screen resolutions. This has been fixed in Lightroom and it can be fixed in other Adobe products as well.

Yes, I have a newer small portable laptop that has a 3200x1800 Display. I take this with me so I can work on the road.  About 95% of the programs look fine. Some are still catching up.

Thanks,

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't answer the question there, chief - try to stay with us. All that she wants is to make her interface legible by making the font appear bigger. "I don't know" would be an honest answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A post with a green bubble means the one who first asked the question has considered it answered and nothing further is needed.

From then on it is a reference and should not be for followup questions by others with different software. It just won't get much attention.

Open a new post for your issue. Read the forum tips on how to best ask a question so it gets results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it might be in a perfect world, but Adobe did try to install something that totallydestroyed my CS6!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has not changed CS6 is several years what year was your CS6 totallydestroyed in?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few weeks ago after they did some updates to CC 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had perpetual CS6 installed.  Though I did not ask Creative Cloud to upgrade my Perpetual CS6 standard edition to the Creative Cloud CS6 Extended Creative cloud tried to upgrade my standard Perpetual CS6.  That failed instead CS6 was broke.   It did not work correctly and reported it was CS6 version 13.0.  CS6 without any updated and CS6 update would always fail when I tried to run it.   I fixed that problem by Installing CS6 from a CS6 perpetual download on top of the broken CS6.  This fixed the broken CS6 and CS6 update ran and worked. It updated the fixed CS6 version 13.0 to CS6 extended creative cloud version 13.1.2.   Not Perpetual CS6 standard windows version 13.0.1.3

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines