• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Histogram problems in 19.1.0

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing problems with the histogram in 19.1.0. I am a mid-career fine art photographer by profession, and have been a PS user since Version 2. I am also a member of the Authors Guild, and write on photography for various publications.

I have been purposely hanging back at PS 2015.5.1, as it has served me well. Yesterday, I decided enough, is enough, and installed 19.1.0.

This first histogram is at Cache Level 1 for the file values of a 36Kx24K pixel 16-bit grayscale file.

Myers-Histogram CC 2015.5.1.png

Please notice how there are "tails" (lines) out each side of the main body of data, indicating that there are small levels of data almost to the limits of range. For me, it is important to know about these tails exist so that I do not end up creating a clipped condition when applying a curve function.

Here is the exact same file at Cache Level 1 for the same 36Kx24K pixel 16-bit grayscale file, but this time in 19.1.0.

Myers-Histogram CC 19.1.0.png

Please notice how there is no tail indicating data extending to the left, and rather a botched one going to the right. This is not helpful! Has any one found a workaround or is this a "new feature" of histogram displays? You will also notice that the Mean and Standard Deviation values differ.

Further, it use to be nice to be able to take the cursor and scan across the histogram with a display of level and count showing up for whatever was under he cursor. This seems to have gone away in 2015.5, and is even worse in 19.1.0. Again, am I missing something on setup options or is Adobe really going off their nut?

Thanks for your help. Before I make a formal complaint about the issues, I could use the community's help in double checking that I did not screw up the setup. I cannot find any histogram preferences setup, but perhaps I am missing something.

Pete

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am reporting this as a bug.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be working here on 19.1 and Windows 10

See attached grayscale image with thin gradient from black to white and the rest 50% gray

If I put the cursor in the histogram and click I can look at one level or click and drag to look at several as below

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the report Dave! I appreciate your time. Perhaps it is a Mac version issue or GPU issue.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. Hopefully a Mac user can do a similar test

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines