• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I make the UI and UI fonts bigger?

Contributor ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas, my eyes are not what they used to be and now that I've switched to a 4k monitor my Photoshop UI and UI fonts are painfully small. Is there some way I can make these features larger?

Per the attached example, I've set everything to as large as I can get it via Edit > Preferences > Interface, but the only feature that seems to respond to these settings in any significant way is the File > File info window.

I had a similar issue with Adobe Premiere Pro, however it has a Console window that provides access to hidden functions (Ctrl+F12) where I am able to tweak interface font sizes; does Photoshop have this feature? Thanks. Windows 10, Adobe Photoshop 23.0.2

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why they have that preference setting when it doesn't do much - I don't think it does anything. I feel ya. PS is tiny on my Macbook Pro. It's fine on my old iMac but my graphics card is no longer compatible so I have to use workarounds. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you right click on your desktop, click on Display settings and try different settings under Scale and Layout like 200%, does that make any difference? Photoshop on windows 10 follows the windows system scaling to determeine size, not the Ui Scaling setting actually in photoshop except for a few things like File Info.

Screenshot-(695).png

windows 10 photoshop 23.0.2 at 3840 x 2400 screen resolution

Screenshot-(694).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you again, Jeff. I have my Windows Display settings at 150%. I don't want to go any larger lest it start crowding my desktop. I've gotten spoiled by apps that offer much greater interface customization (Blender, Reaper, etc.). While I still love Photoshop, it's UI scalability appears to be severly limited, if not broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines