How can I merge the two line shapes in a way that only fills in the Mobius strip instead of filling

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

What version of Photoshop are you using?

Did you import the Infinity shape from Illustrator or Draw it directly in Photoshop? If you drew it in Illustrator, did you apply a compound path? If you copy and paste it from Illustrator, did you try pasting as a path or as pixels to see if you still get the same fill issue?

Please give us a little more information about your process so we can help you more effectively.

Thanks,

Michelle

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmmm...  I am not sure if you can do it completely in one operation, but someone else will no doubt come up with an idea.

To get the shape below I started the upermost outline and dragged to the New Path icon to save it.

Click on New path again and create the inner path.

With the second path selected, select the Direct Selection tool and drag across the path to make all the points active, and use Ctrl c (Cmd c) to copy it.

Select the first path and paste with Ctrl v, and select Exclude Overlapping Shapes

You might need to drag a window around the two paths to make all the points active.

image.png

Are you only asking about the workpaths and shapes?  Are you OK making the mobius strip illustration from here?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines