• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Can I Remove Fonts in PS CC?

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are entirely too many fonts in Photoshop, and it makes choosing a useful font more cumbersome than necessary. Is there any way to remove some of them? I mean, I'm sure Colonna and Curlz are useful to someone, but I have no idea who what would be.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Have a look at Solution 6: Delete the Photoshop font cache 

Troubleshoot fonts issues in Adobe Photoshop CC, 2015, 2014, CS6, CS5

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use the numerous filters to refine your font search

This video covers the features that came with CC2014.  It was at this time that entire font families were listed under the font drop down menu, which I suspect is what is annoying you.  It is fair to say this was not a universally popular development, but people missed the point that the extended font family list does not appear if you use filters.

So clicking in the font name field and typing

BO gives you all the bold fonts

IT — italics

CO — condensed

EX — extended   

RE — regular

SC — script

LI — light

HA — hand

BO IT —  bold italics

And other combinations, plus I am bound to have missed some

Improved font handling in Photoshop | Adobe Photoshop CC tutorials

CC2015 added more control with a drop down for font classes, and we can select just TypeKit fonts, and perhaps the most useful filter of all, we can now mark fonts as favourites, and filter the list to just show those.  So not such a terrible situation.

Of course there are always trade offs and down sides, although I have no idea why this has to be the case.  Some fonts that have been included with Photoshop right up to CS6, suddenly became unavailable, and nor do they appear in the TypeKit collection.  I was spitting blood when I discovered that little development!

TypeKit is a wonderful tool, and has an excellent font manager, but is rendered useless by the restricted number of fonts you can sync at any one time.  Even with a full subscription you only get 100 fonts, and I think the Photography plan gives you a mere 10!  If you choose to sync all of a font family's weights, you can go over your limit with one font.  Acumin Pro, for instance, comes in 16 weights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

On a Mac FontBook (core font manager), you can turn Off "deactivate" the fonts you don't want to see.

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This definitely helps, and I have turned off some fonts to clean things up, but there's several mystery fonts (such as the aforementioned Colonna and Curlz) that are not in Font Book, and therefore, I can't deactivate. However, I did look on another machine that's running Photoshop, and those fonts aren't in the list at all, so I'm likely blaming Adobe for a problem that isn't theirs.

Even after doing a search, I can't find a single copy of those fonts on my machine. Not sure how to fix this, but I'll keep digging. Probably a case of user error. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

In your Mac FontBook, select a font and hit ( i ) in the window tool bar. You will see where reside your font. Many fonts are added by Microsoft software like Office.

/Library/Fonts/Microsoft/Colonna

/Library/Fonts/Microsoft/Curlz MT

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at Solution 6: Delete the Photoshop font cache 

Troubleshoot fonts issues in Adobe Photoshop CC, 2015, 2014, CS6, CS5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Broken link is a correct answer..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines