• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I remove the shadow and background, while preserving the ruffled edge of this shirt?

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone!

Question, what would be the cleanest way of removing the shadow and background in this photo, while preserving the ruffled edge of this shirt? I don't care how meticulous, painstaking, or detailed the procedure would be.

I want it to look like the edge of this shirt is superimposed over a pure white background.

edge.jpg

edge 2.jpg

Is there a way to achieve a clean yet detailed selection of the edge of this shirt, where I still preserve the little cotton fibers and threads randomly sticking out?

Thank you so very much for any and all recommendations and suggestions!!!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend using the Object Selection Tool in Lasso mode to draw a loose selection around the fringe at the edge and enclose the dark fabric area.

While the selection is active, use the Select and Mask workspace (click the button for it in the Options bar). Select the Refine Edge Brush Tool to refine the edge to include any threads that didn't become part of the original selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Myra,

Thank you so much for your fast reply to my question! I took a screenshot of your reply and will follow your recommendations. Have a wonderful day!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're very welcome and good luck! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines