• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I save “online-only” files to my computer from Photoshop?

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My subscription just ended, and now I'm using the free trial to save files from the cloud onto my computer.

PSDC files come with either an "available offline" (green icon with a checkmark) setting or an "online-only" (gray icon with a cloud) one. Most of my files are set to the former, and thankfully I've been able to save them locally. There are a few with the "online-only" setting, and I don't know how that happened, but I can't even open them -- let alone save them. I'm also connected to the Internet so I don't know why I can't access these files when I'm as "online" as I can be. For the record, this was a subscription provided by my school and it will no longer be renewed so I can't pay for another month to see if that works.

I hope someone here has a solution to this! I've got just under 6 days of my free trial left and just hope I get to save everything before I lose access to all my cloud files. Do let me know if there's any other useful information I could give.

Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Update: I had to contact my school's administrator to fix this. They temporarily gave me a license to use Adobe CC and I got to open and save the online-only files from there.

I still don't know how some of them became "online-only" to begin with, but I do know that you need a license to the cloud to access them. Without said license (such as if you use a free trial), files from the cloud won't sync, and as such, you won't be able to access them.

To others who may have this issue -- please conta

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the files are online only I am afraid you cannot get them back… If they are locally stored instead of Save try "Save as" or save a copy to be able to choose a local storing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: I had to contact my school's administrator to fix this. They temporarily gave me a license to use Adobe CC and I got to open and save the online-only files from there.

I still don't know how some of them became "online-only" to begin with, but I do know that you need a license to the cloud to access them. Without said license (such as if you use a free trial), files from the cloud won't sync, and as such, you won't be able to access them.

To others who may have this issue -- please contact your administrator (or whoever's in charge of the subscription) and let them know that you can't access your files otherwise. To the administrators, should they come across this post -- if possible, please inform your students (or whoever you provide Adobe CC access to) when their access will be revoked or provide a warning at least a few days before revoking access. If you can advise them to download whatever they need from the cloud before they lose access, even better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines