• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I turn extra screen printing separation channels (not RGB) into workable RGB?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me elaborate:

I am working with this design a client sent. It contains the usual RGB channels (empty though), and a bunch of others as if they are layers containing different colors and shapes to form a final image. They are separations meant for screen printing, and they are named like "BASE", "PANTONE 485 C", "PANTONE 1765 C" and so on.

The thing is that in this place we work with digital print, and if I select the empty RGB channels plus the other extra pantone channels, I see the image and the checkboard transparenct pattern as it should be, but if I save it this way, it just saves a blank image since the extra channels "technically" don't exist for Photoshop.

I tried selecting the content of each extra channel and paint a new layer with the HEX equivalent of the mentioned pantone in the name of the "channel layer" but in the end, the colors are not even close to the channel composite. How can I save this image looking exactly like it's showing? By the way, the "Layers" tab contains nothing, only one blank layer.

Thanks in advance

Capture.JPGrgb.JPG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

I didnt post this exact image but this is how i need it to be saved, if I save this exact preview, it saves a blank png. I need the file in PNG with that transparent background.

Fortunately I solved it! 

By "Add-Selecting" each content of each channel and then Merge Spot Channels, it doesnt matter the white background since the selection of exactly what I need remains active, I just send the selection to a new layer and boom. Thanks a lot! You helped me solving 99% of the problem! 

Capture 2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this (on a copy of the file, in case you don't get the result you are looking for)

Select all of the spot channels in the Channels pallet, and chose Merge Spot Channels. 

Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 1.59.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-07-25 at 1.59.44 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup! that works! but the result gives me an unwanted white background by default, is there a way so it doesnt do that and leaves the transparency it showed me before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so. But I don't see any obviously transparent areas in your image, so don't understand why it would matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didnt post this exact image but this is how i need it to be saved, if I save this exact preview, it saves a blank png. I need the file in PNG with that transparent background.

Fortunately I solved it! 

By "Add-Selecting" each content of each channel and then Merge Spot Channels, it doesnt matter the white background since the selection of exactly what I need remains active, I just send the selection to a new layer and boom. Thanks a lot! You helped me solving 99% of the problem! 

Capture 2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad I was able to help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines