• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

How can I turn off Hyphenate permanently in Photoshop?

Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm copying and pasting some text from Google Docs to my Photoshop and it keeps adding the Hyphenation to the text everytime. I have to go on the Paragraph and turn it off manually. I'm using the same document everytime, so I thought if turned off the hyphenation the that Layer it would solve the Hyphenation problem everytime, but it doesn't, for some reason it keeps ramdonly turning on and I have to manually turn it off everytime.

So I'm thinking the text I'm copying from the document must be adding the Hyphen Photoshop, is there something I can do on Photoshop or even on Google Docs so the Hyphenation never happens again? I'm 100% sure I'll never need it.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Matheus23044681kane, well, I don't see any way to do it. Resetting the type tool won't clear it. Every time a text box is drawn out, for a new document or layer, the Hyphenate box is automatically checked on again. The only suggestion I can think of is to set the character count as high as it can go (25 letters) to see if that is a workaround for you. It seems to be sticky. Others may have some more ideas! (Windows 10; Photoshop 23.5.1 Release)

JEL_1-1664126415564.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines