• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I turn off the 2 blue lines running vertically in my image in Photoshop?

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2015 Mar 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I turn off the 2 blue lines running vertically through my image in Photoshop? I want to save my work but do not know if these lines will persist in the saved image.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're referencing the GUIDES you may have put there yourself, no they won't print and you can remove them at any time by going to the View menu in Photoshop > Clear Guides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or hiding them — Ctrl ; (Cmd ; )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume the Rulers are showing. In that case, to get rid of each line use the Move tool to straddle the line and drag it whence it came. I really didn't need to add this comment but it is the first time in years I have had a chance to use the word "whence".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

normfb wrote:

I assume the Rulers are showing. In that case, to get rid of each line use the Move tool to straddle the line and drag it whence it came. I really didn't need to add this comment but it is the first time in years I have had a chance to use the word "whence".

Is this a guide I see before me? Doeth it conspire to confuseth mine eyes with sapphire lines that afoul my worthy parchment, and draw my quill from its righteous path? Be gone foul guide from whence thou cometh.  Verily, forsooth, and hey nonny nonny.

JPG.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hehehe…

The OP hasn't been back yet, so I might be tempted to add the bit of information about the color of the guides, which by default are cyan, not "blue".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cyan is blue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Small point I know, but Cyan is not blue (or even a shade of blue) - it is the complementary colour to Red in photographic printing, while Blue is the complement to Yellow. The Germans acknowledge this in their word for Cyan - Blaugrun - which translates as Blue-Green in English...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had it too, you wanna go to the top where it says 'File, Edit' etc. Click 'View' then uncheck 'Extras'. The lines will disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines