• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How delete 1/8 inch white border around 13X19 print on Epson ET-15000?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2024 Aug 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Working on a Mac Sonoma 14.4 with Photoshop 2024. I am trying to print a photo on an Epson ET-15000 printer.  I want to fully print it on 13X19 Epson paper edge to edge.

I have cropped the photo to 13X19 and have set the image size to 13X19. And I think I have shut off borders. 

However it continues to print with a 1/8 inch white border which cuts off a bit of the photo. 

Any recommendations are welcome!

With thanks,

Duncan

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 18, 2024 Aug 18, 2024

Margins are controlled by the settings in the printer driver software (not in Photoshop), and at least for the Epson printer I have, borderless is controlled by which paper size is selected, or if you create a custom paper size. (Any paper size without “borderless” in the name will use the minimum printable margins supported by the printer.) Photoshop merely picks up the margin values sent to it by the printer driver software. So…

What is the full name of the paper size that’s selected?

Where

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2024 Aug 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Margins are controlled by the settings in the printer driver software (not in Photoshop), and at least for the Epson printer I have, borderless is controlled by which paper size is selected, or if you create a custom paper size. (Any paper size without “borderless” in the name will use the minimum printable margins supported by the printer.) Photoshop merely picks up the margin values sent to it by the printer driver software. So…

What is the full name of the paper size that’s selected?

Where did you shut off the borders; which option names were used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2024 Aug 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry about the interruption. I have to get used to how quickly my typing can be ended. I scrolled to your other post and lost my beginning reply! Thank you again for answering me. You're right I can't print 13X19 if my printer won't let me! And that's exactly what the problem is. my Epson ET=15000, a really good all around printer and scanner, won't print borderless on 13X19. I should have studied the manual before I asked for help!  Thank you, very much, Conrad, for reaching out to help me. With best wishes, Duncan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 19, 2024 Aug 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can that printer actually print borderless? Shouldn't you consider starting there? Maybe the info is in.... the manual???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earth Oliver,

Thank you. You were absolutely right to send me to my manual for the Epson ET-15000.

There is a long list of papers on which it will print borderless, but at the bottom of the list is this:

Note: A3+ (13 × 19 inches [329 × 483 mm]) size paper is not supported for borderless printing.

My apologies for taking up your time. But well done on your part!

Duncan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From page 84/85 of the manual for your printer :

'A3+ (13 × 19 inches [329 × 483 mm]) size paper is not supported for borderless printing'

https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd5/cpd58148.pdf

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Dave. My mistake. I should have checked the manual at the beginning. I just cruised forward recalling that the several Epson photo printers I'd had in the past did indeed print borderless on 13X19. Thank you so very much for reaching out to be helpful. I really appreciate it.

Duncan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most Epson printers I’ve used have had borderless printing as a standard feature, but it isn’t always obvious how to set it up. However, I decided to look at the specs for this one, and there is an interesting line in the ET-15000 spec sheet that I was not expecting to see:

Borderless Printing Up to 11" x 17"

I am used to Epson printers being capable of borderless up to the maximum sheet size listed in its paper sizes. On the ET-15000, the largest sheet size is 13" x 19", and the original post here says “I want to fully print it on 13X19 Epson paper edge to edge” which I would normally think is reasonable to expect. But that line in the spec sheet says you’ll only get borderless up to 11" x 17"; if that’s true then borderless 13" x 19" isn’t possible no matter what software you’re using (although a software RIP might get around it).

There’s nothing Photoshop or any other photo editor can do to achieve borderless 13" x 19" if the printer itself can’t do it.

One reason I asked what paper size is specified is that on the Epson printers I’ve used, to get borderless you have to choose a paper size with “borderless” in the name, as shown below. (My printer is 17" wide, so I picked a full width paper.) I am not sure if it works exactly the same way for the ET-15000, but if you see “borderless” sizes for 11 x 17 but not for 13 x 19, then that would be even more evidence that the ET-15000 can’t do borderless at 13 x 19 inches.

Photoshop-Epson-borderless-13-x-19.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines