how did I get a Layer 0. psb

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was editing a photo, when done, I tried saving it, but noticed that my edits were not on the phote, they were on a separate tab (Layer 0. psb).  How can I fix this?

IMG_8798.jpg

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.take-a-screenshot.org

Did you convert Layer 0 to a Smart Object, then open the SO and edit there? 

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible of the image you thought you were working in? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for replying!

I watched a youtube video, tried following steps mentioned there on how to create a vignette using a smart object I believe.  I didn't notice I was working on a copy of the photo I was trying to edit.

IMG_8799.jpgIMG_8800.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take a look at this: 

https://www.take-a-screenshot.org

Save »Layer 0.psb«, check if the SO updated in »DCS_6286.tif«; if so close »Layer 0.psb« and save »DCS_6286.tif«. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I save the Layer 0 as tiff, same way I've saved the original photo?

I will follow your steps. If I continue with the problem I will let you know.

thank you very much.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

tif, psd, psb are fine for layered images, but psd has a 2GB-filesize-limitation and tif, if I remember correctly, a 4GB-filesize-limitation. 

Personally I would usually go with psd or, if necessary, psb for layered images. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines