• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I batch watermark a logo onto varying heights?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2012 Jul 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to watermark a logo on a batch folder of photos, but the photos are different heights (but same width). If I use text in Photoshop it's not a problem, but if I use my logo the Action places it in different positions depending on the height of the photo. What I am looking for is a way to have the logo placed in a relative position to the bottom right corner of the photo. Say, 25px from the bottom and 0px from the right. I am unsure of how to achieve this relative placement.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 20, 2012 Jul 20, 2012

There's a classic Russell Brown tutorial that might help you.  It was created for Photoshop CS2, but the technique is applicable to later versions of Photoshop too.

Go to:  http://www.russellbrown.com/tips_tech.html , and scroll down till you see this:

Picture 21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2012 Jul 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Christoph, that's a good solution. I'll add that nudging works but is not obligatory. The relative move resulting from dragging the logo after alignment to the bottom-right of the canvas will be recorded.

Place... logo

Select All (Cmd+A)

Move Tool (V)

Align right edges

Align bottom edges

Deselect (Cmd+D)

<move x, y>

Save (Cmd+S)

Alternatively, Free Transform (Cmd+T) can be used to offset the logo after bottom-right alignment and the relative movement will be recorded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2012 Jul 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the long run it may pay off to look into Scripting for Watermarking.

But Actions may suffice and if the logo in question (mind posting a screenshot?) is hard-edged and does use only a limited number of colors it might be convenient to vectorize it and include the paths (»Insert Path«) in the Action – that way one would not need to keep an external image avilable and could transfer the Action more easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a way to do this. The video language is in Portuguese but it's very easy to follow the steps: Inserir marca d'agua ou logo em várias fotos de qualquer formato simultaneamente - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is another way to do this. The language is in Portuguese but it's very easy to follow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA6xuKf8CDM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines