• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I deform selected areas?

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to make selected areas taller/wider but I cannot figure out how, Photoshop only lets me make the selection bigger or smaller. And I'm not referring to warping the images. Could anyone help? 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

@Ema35383097kbpq 

I think you are saying you want to distort the image? If so, are you using Edit > Transform (Cmd/Ctrl+T)?

Once you are in the Transform workspace, you have two choices to distort the image:

• Hold Shift as you resize
  • Look for the Link icon in between the Width and Height controls. When Link is on, the controls work together to keep the perspective. When off, they allow you to distort the image.

If you meant something else, please clarify.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ema35383097kbpq 

I think you are saying you want to distort the image? If so, are you using Edit > Transform (Cmd/Ctrl+T)?

Once you are in the Transform workspace, you have two choices to distort the image:

• Hold Shift as you resize
  • Look for the Link icon in between the Width and Height controls. When Link is on, the controls work together to keep the perspective. When off, they allow you to distort the image.

If you meant something else, please clarify.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked by holding shift, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome @Ema35383097kbpq , I'm glad using Shift works for you!

If you make a Smart Object first, as suggested by @c.pfaffenbichler , you can use Transform later to restore or change the proportions. Without the SO, it is considered destructive editing.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To change the size of a selection (as opposed to the contents of the selection), use Select > Transform Selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to make selected areas taller/wider but I cannot figure out how, Photoshop only lets me make the selection bigger or smaller. And I'm not referring to warping the images. Could anyone help? 

By @Ema35383097kbpq

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

If you are talking about transforming the selected pixel content you may want to create a layer of its own and convert that to a Smart Object, so that repeated transformations don’t cunulate damage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines