• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I disable pop up question: Rasterize the smart object?

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an option within preferences (or somewhere else?) that I can activate that disables the following
photoshop question from popping up on my screen (requiring me to hit "ok") every time I draw over an image (that must be rasterized first)? A tool that automatically rasterizes the image or automates the required "ok" I must select that would keep this pop up from appearing every time I draw?? It would be super helpful and save the interruption and additional click.

The pop up notification is as follows:

Adobe Photoshop
This smart objet must be rasterized before proceeding. Edit
Contents will no longer be available. Rasterize the smart
object?

Screenshot rasterize the smart object pop up.png

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't need SOs at all, you can turn off the "Always Create Smart Objects when Placing" preference. 

You may want to submit a feature request: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

I would think a simple "Do not show again" checkbox would suffice. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your workflow that you are always creating SOs that you don't want? We might be able to help with that/

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, there isn't box to check nor option to turn on to automatically rasterize Smart Object layer when you are trying to paint on it. I do not think it will be implemented soon although you have link above to request such feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines