• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I disable the Discover panel?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Discover panel is a total nuisance. It pops up in front of my work all the time. If I close it, it just jumps back up. How do I disable it?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Hakan Lindgren do you mean the actual discover panel or the smaller tool tips that pop up when you hover over a tool?

The Discover panel should close permanently until you either choose it from the Help menu or if you have a shortcut assigned to something in that menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean the big Discover panel that started popping up after the latest update of Photoshop. When I close it, it just jumps back after a few moments. I want to disable it once and for all. How do I do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue when working on my laptop instead of plugging into a keyboard. I'd like to disable the discover panel or change the shortcut if possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shortcut for the annoying Discover panel is Ctrl+F, which I accidentally hit. HOW DO I TURN THIS OFF???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after about an hour of back and forth with Adobe Customer support (inclusing a moment when they requested remote access to my desktop), there is a solution. The Keyboard Shortcut edit for the Discover Panel is listed as "Search"
So it is Edit> Keyboard Shortcuts and Menus> Application Menu> Edit > Search > Delete Shortcut.
Shouldn't take an internet deep dive plus 45 minutes of customer support to get to this information.

JoseGIHP_0-1684581114348.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. Not a solution to disabling the Discover panel, but a solution to not accidentally opening it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Discovery Panel also randomly pops up in MacOS Sonoma. While in Finder, and in any Adobe App. ITS SO ANOYING! I have to type somethng in the search just to make it go away

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable Rich Tool Tips

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is this Prefrence at. Which app I don't see this "Tools" option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Marc33744361uaxb what version of Photoshop are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought this was for all Adobe software across the board, I saw it in Photoshop, but the "Discovery" dialog started poping up in Illustrator and InDesign, Photoshop was not even on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a feature in all applications - found under the magnifying glass icon or the help menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Duhh. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines