• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I draw straight lines in a perspective grid in Photoshop, like to Procreate's Drawing Assist?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All!

I recently upgraded from my iPad to a drawing tablet, and have consequentally switched from Procreate to Photoshop. It has been a learning process to say the least, and I've noticed many features are in different places and named different things, but I still can't figure out how to draw straight lines in a grid similar to Procreate's Drawing Assist feature. So far, I've figured out how to make a grid using the polygon tool, and then draw straight lines in the grid by using the shift-click techqniue, but it takes much longer than what I am used to and is much less precise.

Is there a way to turn on a drawing-assist like feature in photoshop? Let me know!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, at the time of writting this photoshop does not have perspective grid drawing. It's a feature I have asked for awhile and made a request again recently. (https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/feature-request-perspective-grid-drawing/id...)

You can create a grid using a lot of different methods but you can not "snap" to them  to draw like you can in procreate or pretty much every art software on the market right now. I hope photoshop does finally catches up to the times as they have included it in fresno, but for serious desktop work it really should be in photoshop. They have symmertry drawing already so why not perspective. I know so many artist would love this feature if they had it to save time when designing envionments/drawing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition there a few plugins that help make grids outside of using polygon tool in starburst mode. One is called perspective tools v2.0 by Sergio which makes a grid but doesnt snap, and the other is called lazy nazumi that does snap feature but I find it really complicated to create a grid with this one to use in daily workflow. The creator had good intentions but we really need something natively in the photoshop that easily creates a 1,2, and 3 point perspective. Even fish eye would be great but we need a native tool that creates and helps the artist by snapping drawn lines to the vanishing point. Hopefully photoshop will finally catch up to the times with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@coreyarte wrote:

the other is called lazy nazumi that does snap feature

@Ekpap  tagged their post as "macOS" and Lazy Nezumi Pro is (sadly) Windows only.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer! And Unfortunatly I do have MacOS so the plugin won't work for me. I'll keep looking though, and hope that Adobe eventually adds this future. (I upvoted the request!) Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For Mac, try Hejstylus!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines