Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I find PMS 2359C in Photoshop?

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

A client told me that a design element had to be PMS 2359C. I couldn't find this in the color picker/color libraries/pantone+ books...

I'm on a PC and first tried with Photoshop CS6, then started the trial of CC to see if it's in there, but I could not find it. Can anyone help?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might help

Search - Find a PANTONE Color

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that Dave!

This shows that 2359 C has color values:

RGB=127,115,132

HEX=7f7384

CMYK=52,48,31,15

Yet when I enter the 7f7384, the CMYK=53,53,35,7, even when I created the document and specified CMYK. Do you know what might be going on? I've been using RGB for the web for years, but am just getting into creating graphics for print.

I also still don't see how to find that specific pantone color in photoshop, maybe their color libraries aren't up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The trouble with just quoting numbers is that they are meaningless without an associated colour-space.
For example RGB=127,115,132 represents a different colour in sRGB as it does in ARGB. It is the same with CMYK.

If you are working in CMYK , I presume you have been given which profile to use from your printer. Can he advise?

I could not find that colour in the Photoshop swatch libraries either.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines