• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get all pen tool options?

Participant ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just tried to load the new tracing? tool under technology features and it isn't there to activate. In the notes about it I've also found I'm supposed to have a pen curvature tool. I don't. How do I get these? I'm supposed to be supplied with the latest everything but it doesn't seem to be the case. I've attached a screenshot of the pen tools I do have.

If any one can enlighten me I'd be most grateful.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve:

Double check your version. You may have installed 2021 (v22), but inadvertently opened an earlier installed version.

Win: Help > About Photoshop

Mac: Photoshop > About Photoshop

~Barb 

EDIT: I'm looking at your screen shot and including it below. You said "I've attached a screenshot of the pen tools I do have." but the screen shot is showing both the Curvature tool and the Content Aware tracing tool. Did you mean to include a different screen shot?

tool.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Barb,

I obviously got that wrong and sent the wrong screenshot. You were right though, it did open Photoshop 2020. I tried to rectify this, but 2021 crashes as soon as it opens, I can't use it all. I have reverted to 2020 for now. Any idea what that problem might be?

Steve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve:

There are some known issues with Photoshop 2021, so reverting back to 2020 for now makes sense. When you have time, check out:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/freeze-on-launch.html 

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Barb,

It's been a while since I've had a chance to have another go at sorting this out. I have since upgraded to Photoshop 22.0.1. I have enabled the tools in preferences, checked the graphics processor is on, and noted I have to drag the new tools into the toolbar list.

However, although they are black and therefore accessible, it doesn't let me drag them anywhere (Curvature pen tool and Content Aware tracing tool). I've attached screenshots of the pen tools I have, and the ones I am trying to get.

Any idea what's wrong or am I missing something really obvious here?

Thanks,

SteveScreenshot 2020-12-01 at 09.48.28.pngScreenshot 2020-12-05 at 08.51.56.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Steve Fermor:

Photoshop ties the tool display to the workspace. One way to restore all tools is to choose Window > Workspace > Essentials, followed by Window > Workspace > Reset Essentials. Note that this will also restore the panels to their default as well. The other workspaces will hide the tools that aren't part of that workflow. 

The alternative that will not change the panel display but will still show all tools is Edit > Toolbars > Restore Defaults > Done. 

If you are still not where you need to be, you can reset preferences in Preferences > General > Reset Preferences on Quit. Be sure to save any custom brushes, presets, etc first. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines