• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do i get back a file after i denied saving changes?

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i accidentally closed out of photoshop while working on a project and hit "don't save changes" by mistake. is there a way i can get my file back? ive been working on it for hours 😞

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see no option for that. 

Did the file contain Smart Objects? If you edited those they might still be in the temp-folders. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, it doesnt contain smart objects. also i suppose it turns out you're right about the recover files being deleted upon closing because i checked for those last night with no luck. bummer. thanks anyways though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe, you can find a recovery file at: C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\AutoRecover

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can tell the Recover files are deleted immediately on closing, but if it turns out that’s not the case all the better for the OP. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's right. The recovery file is always deleted in an orderly shutdown. It's only retained when the application or system crashes without a proper shutdown sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultyrqaptglljm7 wrote:

ive been working on it for hours 😞

It's too late for this time, but it's a best practice not to work for hours without saving. A better idea is to save every few minutes (or when you do something right) and make a copies along the way for really important work. 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines