• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I save a Brush with a specific Blending mode?

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a way to quickly swap (using the < / > hotkeys) between a brush that darkens the illustration (with Multiply blending mode), and a brush that lightens an area (with Screen, or Soft light blending mode).

When I save a brush I can bake in what color it automatically paints with, but can't find where I can save a specific blending mode to my new brush.

Where is this option?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

If you save a Brush with »Include Tool Settings« checked then the Blend Mode is included (like Opacity etc.). 

I use a non-english keyboard so could you please state the exact shortcut you are referring to (as listed under Edite > Keyboard Shortcuts)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you save a Brush with »Include Tool Settings« checked then the Blend Mode is included (like Opacity etc.). 

I use a non-english keyboard so could you please state the exact shortcut you are referring to (as listed under Edite > Keyboard Shortcuts)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I save it as a "New Brush" with "Include Tool Settings" checked, it still doesn't include the Brush mode. 

When I want to work fast, cycle through brushes using the "</," key to select previous brush, and ">/." to select the next brush in the brush panel.

I've learned that if I save a new brush as a new Tool Preset instead of a new Brush, it does include the Blending mode, but then I can't cycle with the < / > keys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"When I save it as a "New Brush" with "Include Tool Settings" checked, it still doesn't include the Brush mode."
... Correction - Blending Mode, not "brush mode"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»When I save it as a "New Brush" with "Include Tool Settings" checked, it still doesn't include the Brush mode.«

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Brushes, Options Bar, …) and dialogs visible to illustrate that claim? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I stand corrected!

I was swapping back and forth between the new brush I saved WITH a blending mode baked into the settings, and the ORIGINAL brush which apparently had no blending modes specified.

Thank you, c.pfaffenbichler!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines