• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I turn off the auto-playing video tutorials?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find a setting to be able to turn off these annoying auto-playing video tutorials. Is there one hiding somewhere? I really do not want to be interrupted with this - especially with sound! - in my workflow. Is there a way to tell PS not to show them?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off Rich Tool Tips in Preferences.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and disabled "show rich tooltips", but Photoshop STILL opens the sample file itself.

How can I stop Photoshop from open the sample file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this: Uncheck the "Show Tooltips" button, click on the "OK" button in the upper-right to confirm. Restart Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoshop 01-11-_2023_20-24-20.jpg

Unfortunately even this does not work.
I unchecked "show tooltips", the sample file still opens itself (without the explanation video pop-up though).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tool Tips are the pop upswhen you hover above a tool icon.

image.png

Expanded tips like tutorials and general advice come under Rich Tool Tips.  However, we know this sticky tutoral on startup is a known bug affecting a good many people, and I think we are still awaiting a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2024 Jun 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not feel like a bug; it feels like behavior on Adobe's part that cannot be describe while following the community guidelines regarding kindness, respect, and self-immolation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2024 Jun 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Home Screen has these video tutorials. Maybe "Hide Suggestions" will fix it.

Screen Shot 2024-06-23 at 11.10.44 PM.png

Another thing I am doing differently on my Macbook is to disable "Auto-show the Home Screen" under Preferences > General.  Check "Legacy New Document Interface"  Then disable "Rich Tooltips".  See if that does it.

Screen Shot 2024-06-23 at 11.08.51 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines