• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you duplicate a section of the image?

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, a few yers ago I used to use a shortcut to duplicate a portion of the image. Here layer 2 is a potion of the wall to cover the girl's face.

I don't need a duplicate of layer 2, but a copy paste of the patch in layer 2, which I used to do, from layer 2, with something like, in mac:

option C optionV or command C command V, which now does't work.

I can't use a larger patch because I took it from another image which I have to look for.

I have PSCS6 but it's irrelevant in that I did it before with it.

Thank you.

Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 10.49.08.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

With the move tool on the patch, on the image itself,  option shift mac, I pushed the patch up. That gives a duplicate patch with the job done at the image. When Trevor said shift, I remembered. Than you Trevor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have to guess at what layer you need to copy from, so I suggest adding a copy merged layer to the top of the layer stack. Select the top most layer, and use Shift Cmd Opt E to create the copy merged layer.

Then use the Patch tool to remove the lady's head.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are going about this the long way. Just use the patch tool or healing brush. With the patch you want selected, use cmd + J to duplicate it to a new layer. Copy and past should work too, I find my mac is finicky and I have to right click to select copy and paste sometimes to make it work. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With the move tool on the patch, on the image itself,  option shift mac, I pushed the patch up. That gives a duplicate patch with the job done at the image. When Trevor said shift, I remembered. Than you Trevor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines