• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you make a .ico file in Photoshop CS6?

Participant ,
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to use a plugin in previous versions, but the file formats sub-directory is missing from the plugins directory. See screenshot :

Surely this should be possible in CS6 (extended even) straight out of the box given that every web developer on the planet needs to make loads of these ...

2012-05-29_1313.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

For OSX just place your "ICOFormat.plugin" file in the folder here: Adobe Photoshop CS6 / Plug-Ins  Then restart PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Folks

I am running OSX 10.10.5 and Photoshop CS6, the plugin does work, I used the file from telegraphics.com (could not see one specifically for 64 bit or otherwise - but chose the one for CS6.

But this is crucial - it will only allow you to save images that are less than 256px x 256px, above that size and the save as ICO will not show in the save options.

Hope this helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines