• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How is this image conversion achieved?

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been seeing a few images recently (usually old 8-bit computer game covers) that have been retouched and cleaned up from the originals. I know that they are not redrawn from scratch in Photoshop or Illustrator, so I assume it's either done by hand or some kind of plugin/action is being used.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about. The original game cover is on the left and the cleaned-up version is on the right. I'd love to be able to do something similar with some of my old comic collections.

jet.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try some adjustment layers. I hit the left side of your screenshot with Vibrance and then threw in some Photo Filter with a bit of masking to cool the results down a bit.

Capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow.  You are never going to get the image on the left looking like the one on the right using filters, adjusment layers, black magic and CSI plugins.  Look how clean the line work is?  See how smooth and fluid the gradients are?  Someone has spent a lot of time making the one on the right look that nice.  There's a clue in the added detail.  There's two or three hours work in that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just as an example that manual inpot seems practically unavoidable in such a case: 

There seems to be no detail in large parts of the »bubble« on the left so the result appears to have included some painting. 

Screenshot 2022-05-10 at 13.52.31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines