• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add printer profiles to PS?

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I add Epson L805 printer profiles to Photoshop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Mac or Windows?

the Epson driver installation should place profiles correctly for Photoshop to use. 

sometimes, though, Epson profiles are placed only in a "package" and only accessed by the Epson driver software, so invisible to Photoshop.

here are some mac instructions

Missing Epson profiles in Photoshop on Mac

Did you select Photoshop manages color in the “print” dialog?

this should provide you with a list of all the ICC printer profiles on your system

Epson puts them in some hidden folders, but normally Photoshop can "see" them.

You may be able to find the profile 

Are you on Mac or PC?

If PC, sounds like you may need help from Epson's support team

Here's some Mac tips, just in case photoshop can't find the Epson profiles:

I had to search for these myself on a client site once, took me quite a while. It means I now know how to find them

basically they are in the 

“hard disk name”/library/ printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/ICCProfiles/ [inside a “package”]

Not the username/library/ 

in ICCProfiles (see above) is a folder, e.g:  Epson Stylus Pro 4900_4910.profiles

you right click on it [or control click] and select "show package contents"

A contents folder appears

Now look inside that in  the ”resources" folder. 

see screenshot below

Missing Epson profiles in Photoshop on Mac2.jpg

they are the icc profiles used in the Epson driver [driver colourmanagement], 

SO don't move them 

but you can copy to your normal ICC profiles folder which is in the system library

[ computer name/hard disk name/Library/Colorsync/Profiles ]

can you see them in Photoshop's print dialog under "Photoshop manages color" now

I hope this helps

if so, please "like" my reply and if you're OK now, please mark it as "correct", so that others who have similar issues can see the solution

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message in the thread, only use the one at the top of the page, to maintain chronological order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats great and all but what about instructions for the other 99% of computer users that dont have Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows, profile installation is much easier than on a Mac. After downloading the profiles you need, simply right-click on an unzipped ICC profile and choose Install Profile. Note that you never add profiles to Photoshop, you add profiles to the OS, similar to fonts — once installed at the system level, all applications including Photoshop will see them.

However, you said you use an L805. When I inspect the L805 printer driver installer on my Mac, profiles for common Epson papers are already bundled in the driver package. If it is the same in Windows, you should not have to install any profiles, just select them in Photoshop. Are they not included in the Windows printer driver you intalled for the L805, or did you download other profiles for that printer that you need to install? Or are the profiles installed in the OS, but are not listed in Photoshop? 

By the way, by some estimates roughly half of Adobe users are on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had other profiles that are not in the standard download, and Yes on the Epson and no on the model, I use an ET-2720 with sublimation dye inks. The profile was not installed because it is a third party profile for the sublimation inks.

That may be, but I, like so many others, enjoy having a choice and control in what goes into their system but to each their own

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my bad, forgot, thanks for the explination in how to load the profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is fantastic! The Epson profiles were totally missing from PS and now they are there. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Every time Mac software is updated, the paper profiles for EPson are missing from Photoshop. I found an easy way to recover: Uninstall the printer and then, install again. Paper profiles are now ready to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines