• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to convert color between Lab and CMYK space in Automation Plug-ins?

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2006 Jan 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all,

We are currently developing a photoshop automation Plug-in with Photoshop SDK, we need to convert colors between CMYK and Lab, although this functionality is documented in Color Picker Plug-in APIs, how to do it in Automation Plug-in?

Rgds

YM
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2006 Jan 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you can do an acquiresuite in the automation plug-in. I don't have the headers on this machine to see what the suite names are. ColorServicesProc or something like that....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Developing a Photoshop automation plug-in that requires converting colors between CMYK and Lab color spaces involves using the Photoshop SDK (Software Development Kit). While you've noted that the Color Picker Plug-in APIs document the process for color conversion, the approach in an Automation Plug-in might not be straightforwardly documented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not critizising the content of your post but are you aware that the thread is from 2006? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I am really sorry. I didnt notice that. I apologize

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem, just don’t be disappointed if the original poster should not answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In automation plugin world you look for suites you can acquire. Looking at the public API folder *color*.* I see photoshopapi\photoshop\PIColorSpaceSuite.h that looks like functions similar to ColorServicesProc . Acquire that suite and hopefully it can convert for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines