• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to convert from camera raw to PS or jpeg

Enthusiast ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Images from my Canon camera are opening as Camera Raw and I can't convert them to jpg or Photoshop files. Apparently there's a simple way to do this, but I have no idea what it is. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With one or more raw files selected in the filmstrip (CMD/CTRL A) you can then press the button in the upper right of the ACR interface to "convert & save":

acr.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF indeed you shot raw, then what Stephen said will 'convert' to JPEG. If you shot JPEGs and they are opening in ACR and you want JPEGs to just open in Photoshop proper, check your preferences for this option as ACR can open a JPEG if so desired. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Where do I find the preferences to open automatically as jpegs? I looked without success. I would prefer to shoot as jpegs in my camera but it suddenly started producing raw images of its own accord. That ˆ know is outside the purview of this community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cog in the upper right of Camera Raw>File Handling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACR preferences "Disable JPEG Support" would stop the JPEGs from opening if again, you are shooting JPEGs (not raws).

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. What does ACR mean? Where are those preferences? When I go to Photoshop preferences I only see RAW preferences.

Screen Shot 2022-03-05 at 1.23.55 PM.png

   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Grundoon Groundhog wrote:

I would prefer to shoot as jpegs in my camera but it suddenly started producing raw images of its own accord.

What is the extension on your images? Are you shooting .jpegs that are opening in Adobe Camera Raw or are you shooting .cr2s from your camera? This sentence sounds like a setting on your camera got changed to shoot cr2s, and if that's what happened then you need to change a setting on your camera.

Can you clarify for us?

"What does ACR mean"

ACR is an acronym for Adobe Camera Raw.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines