• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Copy Single Brush settings to other brushes

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2024 Aug 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to Copy the brush settings from a single brush into another brush?

Or

Does each brush need to be manually set, with exactly the same settings, before being saved as a preset

The brushes, I want the same settings for, have different Tip shapes but I want the same settings for All

I am looking for a way to copy brush settings to a basic (No Settings)  brush, to be saved as individual preset, without having to adjust individual brush sliders to the settings for each brush

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 24, 2024 Aug 24, 2024

@Wilson Photo 

Are you asking if you can copy some of the brush settings and paste only those settings into another existing brush? If so, the answer is no.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2024 Aug 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don’t you just change the tip in the Brush Settings Panel then? 

Otherwise please post menaingful screenshots including all pertinent Panels to illustrate the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you need meaningful screenshots? The Brush settings panel is the same in all Ps versions 

To clarify 

I am asking if I can copy All settings from one brush into another rather than have to individually adjust each brush too exactly the same settings which is time consuming.

What do you mean change the Tip? Please provide clear explanation thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2024 Aug 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are unwilling to provide meaningful screenshots to illustrate the issue? 

Well, then I am not sure if this helps but 

• One can change the tip in the Brush Settings Panel and the save a new Brush. 

Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 11.47.00.pngScreenshot 2024-08-25 at 11.47.16.png

• For temporaray work one could lock all (or some of) the settings in the Brush settings Panel and then select another Brush in the Brushes Panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope this clarifies 

2024-08-25_16-59-16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Again: One can change the Brush Tip without changing the other settings and save a new Brush. 

Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 11.47.16.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Wilson Photo 

Are you asking if you can copy some of the brush settings and paste only those settings into another existing brush? If so, the answer is no.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I am asking if I can copy All settings from one brush into another rather than have to individually adjust each brush too exactly the same settings which is time consuming.

This is a NO as you've already stated 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Wilson Photo 

What you can do is to copy the entire brush and then edit the copy, if that helps.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure that would work. I bought 50 smoke brushes they all are differant Tip designs. none of the brushes have any brush settings, apart from smoothing, I wanted to be able to modify One brush & save it as a new preset, then copy all the settings to all 49 remaining brushes rather than have to do it manually. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines