Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to create a new canvas guide?

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to everyone

I have been trying for hours to find this point in menu but cannot, there is only "new guide", "new guide layout", "new guides from shape".

How can I create a new canvas guide?

thank you ))

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi can you please tell us more what you want ?

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new guide in the menu will create a new canvas guide by letting you enter in the exact position. You can also drag a new guide o to your canvas by having the rules turned on and dragging from the ruler.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Guide and New Guide Layout are canvas guides without canvas in the name. If you are working with Artboards then you can add guides per artboard. As already mentioned you can also click inside ruler (Ctrl + R to display) and holding down mouse button drag guide to position it where you want.

guide layout.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok then, I will change the question) probably asked a wrong one..

How to change a colour of a particular guide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure you can't for a specific guide. The only color control for guides is in Preferences> Guides, Grids & Slices. The categories are (a) Canvas guides, (b) Artboard guides, and (c) Smart guides.

PrefsGuides.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and this brings me back to my first question.. how to create "canvas guide"?

you see? there are two of them artboard and canvas, they have different colours. I have one canvas guide on my artboard but I don't know how I set it.... cannot find

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if you have found the answer or not yet but i have it.

Click off the artboard and drag from the rulers on the side of your screen to create a Canvas guide. Click on an artboard and drag to create a artboard guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This works 👆

I recently ran into the same issue. Surprisingly there is not much out there for this seemingly simple question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One little subtlety when working with Guides and Artboards:

If an artboard or a layer within an artboard is selected, and you create a new guide by dragging it out of the ruler well, that new guide will be attached to the artboard. So if you move the artboard afterwards, the guide will move with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines