Exit

How to Create A RealBristle Brush ?

Contributor ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, hope everyone is enjoying their weekend 🙂

Another question here- 

Was wondering, how do we create a "RealBristle" brush? I seem to know very little about these types of brushes. 

These are those brushes which have "Bristle Qualities" extra capabilities  such as Shape, Bristles, Length, Thickness, Stiffness, Angle, etc. These extras are found in Brush Settings panel. 

Is possible to convert the standard type of Photoshop brushes into a RealBristle brush?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi check the video hope it helps you.....regards

https://youtu.be/NJWPdicD1pI

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ali Sajjad! Thank you so much!!

Can you please tell me where in that video it describes how to create a RealBristle brush?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it must be a little-known area of Photoshop.

Some brushes, when you open the Brush Settings panel, will have options such as:

Shape (Round Fan, Round Blunt, Flat Angle, etc)

Bristles

Length

Thickness

Stiffness

Angle

Yet other brushes do not have any of these options, they only have:

Size

Roundness

Hardness

Spacing

I am searching high and low on internet about the difference of these brushes, but for some reason I am find very little surprisingly. 

Only information I can find is that some of these brushes are called RealBristle brushes, but even searching that yields almost nothing. 

Surely some painterly Photoshop users are know about these different types of brushes and how to convert regular brush to realbristle brush (if thats what it is called) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it's possible to convert a standard brush or create your own bristle brush. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Chuck.

I am thankful someone else has been able to research the differences between certain brushes.

Upon further investigation these past few hours, I have found to be other brushes such as the Standard Brushes, Bristle Brushes, Erodible Tip Brushes, to name a few.

But I have not been able to find out exactly how these are created or how exactly they differ from eachother. I am not sure general Photoshop user is even aware these different types of brushes exist. And myself have not been aware until very recently when noticing that there are so many different options in Brush Settings panel depending on which brush is selected. Some have these "bristle" options, while others do not. And I was wondering why. 

I have come to realize that a Bristle Brush angle will rotate as you rotate your wrist while using a Wacom pen- exact same way as if you were holding real paint brush. But standard brushes remain fixed and will not rotate their angle when using pen. This is why Bristle Brush is so massively superior to older style brushes. 

So I was wonder how to convert all these older style brushes that we have saved into Bristle style brushes, giving us ability to rotate them as we rotate the pen over the tablet. 

But I suppose this cannot be done. But hopefully there is way to modify standard brushes so we can give them same options such as Bristle, Stiffness, Thickness, Length, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, there is no way to modify a standard brush. The only thing you can do is have the the proper Wacom stylus, I think it's called the art pen, so that rotating the pen will rotate the brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines