• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create an action to copy adjustments to batch

Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to create an action to copy adjustments ( Curve, level color balance.....) from a document

containing images that I have Color Graded?

I want to create an action to batch from the "Adjustment" method I did

Thank you very much, wish everyone a peaceful and happy day

hoi photoshop.PNG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create an action to add those adjustments.

With only 5 adjustment layers that shouldn't be too difficult to recreate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ken27326879kay1 

You would need to save each adjustment layer as a named preset file (.acv for a curve etc.)... Then you can create an action to load/apply the preset. The path to the saved preset is absolute, so will not work on other computers (which may not be an issue). If you do need this to work on other computers, then as @D Fosse wrote, re-record the action from scratch so that the value changes are recorded into the action steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we still create presets for Camera RAW?  Michael Ninness demonstrated Camera RAW presets way way back in 2014 (I think).  That would be easier than creating a bunch of individual Adjustment layer presets.  I also have a feeling I saw some sort of grouped presets recently.  I rarely take photos nowadays, so don't have a use for it and have got rusty with that aspect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we can do it with both loading a RAW file to ACR, or using the ACR filter inside Photoshop.  That's the way I would do it.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Technically it is possible even what is on your mind.

Below is process that should work. I am not recommending this method over other mentioned above.

There are some asumptions from my side that you want to process single layer images.

Action steps:

• First of all open image with adjustments and one more image. Start recording action with another (non adjustment) image. Ensure that layer group Infinite Color is not selected in the document with adjustments.
  • Select previous document.
  • Click on Infinite Color layer group to select it.
  • Go to Edit > Copy.
  • Select next document.
  • Edit > Paste.
  • Stop recording action.

Play action during batch process, I will recommend Image Processor Pro or Image Processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a while of struggling, I finally found a way, it works for me in PS 2022 vs 2023

First I save the document with many adjustment filters applied in .psd format ( ex name: infinity color.psd)

Then I turned it off

Next I open a completely new image, with only one layer being the image

Then I started "Record Action"

Next I go to file -> open -> open file "infinity color.psd"

Then I go to document infinity color.psd, I copy the folder containing the adjustment layers, then I paste it into the document that I need to adjust

Finally I Stop the action, then run Image Processor

If anyone has new ideas, please tell me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just follow my instructions and open document with adjustments before running batch.

Otherwise you can keep existing action just add step to select next document, document with adjustments and close it as a last step in action. 

There is also option to export all adjustments as color lookup and to use it as action step, it should work too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines