• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to download Extendscript toolkit for 2020

Explorer ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm CC member and I'm unable to locate the download for ExtendScript Toolkit for Photoshop 2020, the link available at web https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/download/estk doesn't works. 

Please kindly let me know how to download the last Mac version.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Guide , May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

In the CC app, select the "Show older apps" option:

older.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, have you tried reinstalling creative cloud?

Also what system are you on? PC or MAC? 

I dont think the script ide will be on mac now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May you please post your 'Creative Cloud Desktop / Preferences / Applications' view?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Won’t ever run on Catalina or later, by the way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try Extension Debugger Extension, that works with VS Code. Here is the link for the extension.

ExtendScript Debugger

I hope this helps you if you have latest version of Mac.

Thanks

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The starting page for above link is: ESTK, but here you can downlaod it in fact: Prodesigntools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As already mentioned Visual Studio Code with ExtendScript plugin is the currently recommended Script editor for Photoshop (and other Adobe application) Scripting. 

I personally think it is a poor replacement for ESTK, but sometimes one simply has to accept that some particular piece of software is »gone«.

As a Photoshop user one might still recall Configurator and Pixel Bender – gone.

One can either move on or stick with some obsolete Photoshop version on some obsolete OS version … 

The Future of ExtendScript Development: A VSCode Plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no 2020 version. Its being depreciated. It is also not required for scripting Photoshop.  Still the sample are worth a look at and I do use its Object Model Viewer. 

vscode plugin to replace estk 

I have not seen anything else related to that though in Adobe exchange

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right, this is now outside of the Adobe ecosystem, as it is an "extension"  (plug-in) for MS Visual Code it is found in the MS VS Code marketplace.

Simply download MS VS Code:

Download Visual Studio Code

Then you can either install from the following page or use the extension browser built into MS VS Code to find and install the extension.

ExtendScript Debugger

There is some learning curve to using the new tool, I missed ESTK when I first started, however, I find that using a modern tool far outweighs what I miss from the simplicity of ESTK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to use that VS code extension I want to slice my wrists! That sh!t crashes like crazy! I want to debug code, I want to break points, I want to check stuff, there is literally 80% of it crashing on 1st/2nd/3rd/4th function!!!! 

How do you people use it without ripping ur hair off?! 

Tell me, its a serious question. I found this topic because I was looking for the old adobe tool that ACTUALLY WORKS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines