• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Exit Q model. (No toolbar or anything but the picture) in Photoshop on macOS

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 3.33.52 PM.png

Hi:

I'm not sure which mode I'm in. Whiling I'm editing this Picture, (I may press Q or COM+Q) I get into this mode. No tool bar but look at the pictures. When I quit and open the image again, it's still in this Mode. Any help? 😞 

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Press the tab key to get the tool bar back. press the q key to take it back out of quickmask mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Could you please try switching or resetting the workspace and see if it helps? https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/using/workspace-basics.html#save_and_switch_workspaces

If that does not help, then try resetting the preferences of Photoshop. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. Migrate presets, actions, and settings

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi:

Thanks for your help!! I did not try the Workshop but resetting. It works well. Just do not want to reset every single time. 

Best!!

Have a nice day!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press the tab key to get the tool bar back. press the q key to take it back out of quickmask mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I did not try Tab Key but the Q key.  It will just switch from quick mask mode to normal mode.  Just try Tab Key. it works!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines