Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to exit tools in Photoshop Cs6

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My simple question from a grass roots beginner:

After using eraser or brush tools How do you exit the function? In lightroom when you use brush tool say. you finish off by clicking on Done button. You do not get that in photoshop. Can any one help please?

Amended title to fit the question context Message was edited by: David Asch

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom works slightly differently to Photoshop as it uses what are known as modal dialogs for a lot of its tools. Clicking Done simply returns you to the base view of the Develop module.

In Photoshop you simply need to switch to a different tool, eg. the Move Tool, using the Toolbox

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Switching tools doesn't work for me in Photoshop. I have to save, close and re-open to clear it. For example, after I lasso and fill, I can't get rid of the lasso to do another edit without closing photoshop. Any idea what's wrong or why it doesn't work correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David has given you the answer to your question, in that you don't need to say done with each adjustment,  but the other difference to remember, if you are used to using Lightroom, is that in Lightroom you changes are stored in the history without saving at the end. In Photoshop, when you are finished with your image you must save  - otherwise your adjustments will be lost.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your prompt answer I appreciate it very much.

Now I can concentrate on continuing to learn Photoshop.

Have a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines