• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fix black background issue with PNG files in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing an issue with all transparent png files copied from Chrome and pasted into Photoshop CS6. The background is black rather than transparent. These images are one I created and exported using "save for web". It worked fine in CS5 so it must be a bug.

Does anyone know of a fix or workaround? I constantly have to edit images taken from our website so being able to copy an image quickly with transparency intact is very important. I'm running CS6 in Windows.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Here is a possible work around.

Rather than copy the image in Chrome Right click on the image and select "Copy image address". Then in Photoshop use Place Embedded and Paste the URL where it asks for filename. This will download the image straight into a Smart Layer where you can Edit Content or Rasterize Layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still shouldn't have to do that..
Work flow should be a #1 priority for Adobe across all OS platforms

The perfect work around has been posted above but why would you even want to think of having to work around a simple copy and paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is Windows 10 fault that is a bully for me. It wants you to use their programs.

Edit with Paint 3D

Menu

Save as

Save Yes

You have your transparency again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, it's me again.

I have found that it has to do with the opacity. It has to be 1%. If it is 100% the background will turn black at some moment. If you use Paint 3D to save the image with opacity 1% it will stay transparent. If you use Photoshop with opacity 1% it will stay transparent until you change the opacity for any reason, then anything you have saved in Photoshop will turn black.

I don't know anything about programming so I hope it might help somebody who can find a way to fix this.

I have a cutting machine and use a lot of silhouettes. A black silhouette in a black background is a really wrong combination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paint.net doesn't have this issue nor does the Microsoft Office suite... is there some sort of special workaround these programs are implementing that the Adobe suite could be making use of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution is not entirely accurate.
I can copy and paste a PNG into Powerpoint and it will honor the transparent background.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines