• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fix "The document does not have an embedded RBG profile!?

Participant ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I changed PCs and I started getting this message when I open my files. I realized that it was changing the color of my work and I can't have that, so I noticed that choosing the option "Leave it as it is (don't color manage)" does the trick but I want to know if there's a way I can make this warning stop appearing like on my other PC

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't want that warning to stop. You want to do as it suggests  - assign a profile.

The color change you see is precisely because there is no embedded profile! If there was, it would be consistent everywhere. That's the whole point.

The image should always have an embedded profile. That's what defines the colors. Without a profile, colors are undefined and random.

Your color management policies should be set to "preserve embedded profiles".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is, when I do assign a profile it changes the color of my previous works, basically I wanna know how do I assign a profile that doesn't change the color I was getting on my older PC. I tried checking on my old PC's photoshop the embedded color that photoshop used, and tried setting the same one on the new PC Photoshop, but the message still appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is, when I do assign a profile it changes the color of my previous works, basically I wanna know how do I assign a profile that doesn't change the color I was getting on my older PC. I tried checking on my old PC's photoshop the embedded color that photoshop used, and tried setting the same one on the new PC Photoshop, but the message still appears.

By @HeyoThere

The color changes because the numbers now have a scale to describe them.

You need to assign the correct profile (which is a guess since it's untagged). Or try different profiles until you get the best possible color appearance from the new tag. It might be a display profile that is rather unique, or it might be a standardized RGB Working Space (like sRGB). But you have to figure out which and tag the image because without it, it's mystery meat RGB. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post screenshots from the original and new PC's Colour Settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are going to need to assign a profile. Bit not ANY profile -

That profile you assign needs to be the correct one [the colourspace that was used when the file was originated or last colour corrected] it's not the assign profile process that’s making your images look wrong per-se, it’s the assigning of an incorrect profile.

The moral of this story to bear in mind for the future - is to never save files without an embedded profile. 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines