Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get even grid lines in the preference section

Engaged ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community.

I have set in my preference section for the grid to have 10 subdivisions, but towards the right side of my canvas there is half a pixel from the division. My canvas is 1000 x 500, so why isnt it even? What are the settings I need to input? Thank you.

Adobe4q4332.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

It looks like a display artifact rather than a settings issue.

What doesn't make sense though is your setting of a grid line every pixel and then subdividing that into 10 which would require a sub grid line every 1/10 of a pixel. Photoshop is a pixel editor and works in whole pixels, the smallest unit being a pixel.  If you actually wanted a major grid line every 10 pixels then set 'gridline every' to 10 and, with subdivision at 10, you will get a subdivision at every pixel.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like a display artifact rather than a settings issue.

What doesn't make sense though is your setting of a grid line every pixel and then subdividing that into 10 which would require a sub grid line every 1/10 of a pixel. Photoshop is a pixel editor and works in whole pixels, the smallest unit being a pixel.  If you actually wanted a major grid line every 10 pixels then set 'gridline every' to 10 and, with subdivision at 10, you will get a subdivision at every pixel.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines