• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get filters to center on images

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Losing my mind, I am trying to apply a half tone circle filter to an image, and it just places it seemingly at random. Saw another post discussing this and the tips did not work. Does it just place the center wherever it wants? Why cant we just grab the filter and position it ourselves..

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. 

Which version of Photoshop do you have? What type of effect are you looking for? 

It would be great if we could see what you're seeing. Please post a screen recording of what's happening, and we will help sort it out. Here are instructions for making a screen recording - https://bit.ly/3Fkf5Vd.

A screenshot or similar result picture will help us understand what you are looking for.

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks.

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has a half tone filter, but I don't recall a half tone 'circle' filter. In any case, if you want to apply a filter to the whole image, the filter should automatically center itself. Some filters (for example, Lens Flare) allow you to click a specific area in the image to indicate where you want it centered. If you want to apply a filter to a specific area of the image, select that area first before applying the filter. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think we are going to need to see your workflow to understand what is happening.  Can you paste a full screen shot of your full workspace with relevant layers showing, and describe how you are using the halftone filter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines