• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get only the selected layer data?

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2011 Jun 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm using dissolve sample plugin. I added two layers in photoshop both of different dimensions, say 1000 * 1000 & 2000 * 2000. Now I select the layer with 1000 * 1000 dimension and click on Dissolve plugin. The preview image what is shown in dissolve plugin dialog is not just the selected layer, but also some extra pixels around the selected layer.

Do I need to set any flag for getting only selected layer data to display in preview?

Also I need to get only the selected area in a particular layer. When I checked FilterRecordPtr, haveMask flag is TRUE if the part of the layer is selected. But how do I get only the part of the layer that is selected for displaying preview image?

Please let me know if the description is not clear.

Thanks,

Dheeraj

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2011 Jul 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give more details on what you are seeing? I did a simple test of a 2kx2k black layer with a 1kx1k layer green layer on top and all I see is the green layer in the dissolve dialog with the transparency grid.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2011 Jul 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Tom Ruark for the response.

That is exactly the same thing what I'm seeing.

1.Is there a direct way to know the bounds of the layer without the transparency grid so that I can show only the layer?

2. If I select an area of 50*50 within a layer(1000*1000) using Rectangular Marquee tool, then I want only that selected area to be shown in preview. For this there is a haveMask flag which indicates whether or not there is selection, but the selected bounds are not available. I'm currently calculating the bounds. I just wanted to know if Photoshop SDK has any field for getting the bounds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines