• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to install Photoshop CC 2017 ?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed up and paid for Adobe Creative Cloud.

I had installation issues, so I downloaded Photoshop CC 2017 (I am on Windows 8.1), but still have issues (often get errors P206 and P207, installation takes forever, message about connection or clock settings).

I checked the hosts file, and the root certificate, and found no issues there.

I tested my connection to the Adobe activation servers, using the link "https://lm.licenses.adobe.com/vact/ping", and got the correct response "pong" (after clearing browser data).

Please help me to install and activate Photoshop CC.

Shaun

Moderator: Moved from Adobe Creative Cloud​ to Photoshop​

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

confirm that you can connect to the secure adobe servers by reading, http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

do you see both logos?

if you can and still see a connection error, white list the adobe network endpoints, https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/network-endpoints.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kglad, yes I do see both logos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

white list the adobe end points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did download the full installer (1.35GB) for Photoshop CC 2017.

Windows FIrewall and Windows Defender are disabled, so whitelisting is not necessary at this point, right?

F-Secure has a firewall that I cannot modify (it is a centrally managed version), so I booted into Safe Mode with networking (so that F-Secure does not run), but Photoshop CC still hangs during install (after I sign in).

I do see the 2 logos at https://ims-na1.adobelogin.com/renga-idprovider/resources/img/logos.png

I am again having an issue seeing the activation server at https://lm.licenses.adobe.com/vact/ping (I did have it solved temporarily after clearing browsing data). I get this response (even after checking the hosts file, clearing browsing data in Chrome, and deleting autocomplete history in Internet Properties):

400 Bad Request

Request Header Or Cookie Too Large

openresty

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not when you are on your personal/home network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try with direct download links of Adobe applications.

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2017-direct-download-links.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 8.1 was a bit of a bugger installing the CC apps.  We were continuously advising folk to restart their computers, and open the Desktop Application Manager as Administrator  (by right clicking).  The desktop app has been updated a few times since then though.

If it has failed once, and continuous to be problematic, I'd be inclined to run the cleaner tool, then proceed using the above advice.

https://helpx.adobe.com/nz/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

It still might be that there are issues with your 8.1 installation, and that is the reason for your issues.   I was very relieved when I was able to update to 10, as I found 8.1 caused me a lot of problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Trevor, that cleaning tool seems to have helped with getting the correct response from https://lm.licenses.adobe.com/vact/ping.​ However, Photoshop CC 2017 again was taking forever to install, so I stopped it. Now I am not getting the correct response from that ping link.

I am a bit scared to use the "Clean all" option in that cleaning tool. Is it safe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ShooterShaun  wrote

I am a bit scared to use the "Clean all" option in that cleaning tool. Is it safe?

Yes it's safe to use but selecting clean all will remove all Adobe related products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to install the software in hidden admin account of your system.

To enable the Hidden account.

1. Press "Windows + X" to open start menu, and then select "Command Prompt (right click and run as Admin)".

2. Active Windows 8/8.1 Administrator account with command: net user administrator /active:yes

active administrator account with cmd

3.) Restart your system > Login through the Admin Account.

4.) Try to install the software in that account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shawn_starc  wrote

Try to install the software in hidden admin account of your system.

Why would you do that?

(I know that I would do that if the admin account is compromised, but not for general trouble shooting)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo

I think it can resolve the problem as with standard user account we don't have full permission of our OS. So sometimes we aren't able to install Microsoft's network settings in properties of connectivity. Which can be resolved by Admin account. Also, we can create an Admin account too. CMD is just another way to create it (the easiest way).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As he is on the home network and still not able to activate the license because unable to connect Adobe Servers. There is some permission issue with his account. We can use the Admin account for permission.

With user admin account the account still lacks the permission of Sign in as Administrator, Run as Administrator and Assign a user account as an administrator. If it installs in admin account the all is good. Otherwise, he needs to download through other ISP. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also had installation issue and I was about to post a new thread in this forum. But found the answer here.

I downloaded the file from direct link.

Disabled the anti-virus on my computer (quick heal)

And re-run the installtion. That worked for me.

So I think my issue was with Anti-virus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines