• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to load the selection

New Here ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to load the selection but the option is disabled so how do I enable it Untitled.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

You need Select > Save Selection first.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have not save any into alpha channels that option will not be available If Photoshop current target is the background layer. Target some other layer or have  some saved selections you can load.  Photoshop grays out menu items when they are currently unavailable for some reason.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heay  @JJMack  I am learning photoshop by Deke McClelland from lynda.com in there it is shown there and also my background layer is selected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need Select > Save Selection first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...or to put it another way - your selection is already loaded. It's up there and active, you have the marching ants. Now you need to figure out what to do with the selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heay  @JJMack  I am learning photoshop by Deke McClelland from lynda.com in there it is shown there and also my background layer is selected

Yes you can as I wrote if you have saved selections into channels you can load your saved selections.  If you have no saved selection load selection will not be available if the background is your Photoshop target.  The background is a special layer that does not support transparency that layers transparency is locked.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And what do you do if "Save Selection" is also grayed out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will find that at times you will seem a menu item grayed out and at other times the same menu is not grayed out.   When a menu item has requirement for used if a requirement is not present Photoshop will usually gray out the menu item to let you know that the item is currently unusable..

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines