• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make a layer template to show specific print sizes

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to make a layer to scale in Photoshop that has the dimensions for specific print sizes? For example, on one layer, there would be bounding boxes for 5x7, 8x10, and 11x17 paper, or how will a 16:9 crop fit on an 11X17 piece of paper?  Then, I could add an image via a new layer and visually see how the image would fit into the various specific sizes.   Sort of like the image I have attached? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

You're very welcome! 

If my approach helped, would you mind marking it as the correct answer so that others with the same question can find it more easily? Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could set up guides, convert the layer with the largest version into a Smart Object, duplicate that Smart Object layer, and resize those copies for the sizes you want. For versions that have a different aspect ratio, you can use a layer mask to hide unwanted portions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I never thought about that!  

Walter 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're very welcome! 

If my approach helped, would you mind marking it as the correct answer so that others with the same question can find it more easily? Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines