Dedicated community for Korean speakers

How to make all layers the same exposure in PS

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I am doing composite photography.

I am using lights on battery power so the power output varies.

Therefor when I go to blend my layers together in PS I have exposure inconsistencies in the layers.

Is there a way to select all the layers and make them all the same exposure level as a source layer?

Thanks all.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I'm unsure about Photoshop, I know you can do this in Lightroom if that helps at all.  Just go to Settings > Match Total Exposures.  Make sure to select all the photos you want to match and the exposures will be matched to whichever photo is active at the time.

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh that’s great, thank you George.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps the better solution would be to use fixed settings on your camera when taking the images. Assuming your camera allows this, set it to manual and dial in a specific Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO. This should give you a series of images with consistent exposure. I'm happy to dive in to more detail on this if needed.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree that the best approach is to do this, on the raw data, in Lightroom. Despite the name, this has nothing to do with exposure which only takes place at capture. You are altering brightness not exposure.

I also agree moving forward; you now do this at capture with actual exposure as recommended.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines