• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make lock layers uneditable to other users?

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, is there a way to make locked layers in a file uneditable when open/read by other users? 

I have an artwork that I like to share w a few peeps but I only want feedback on several layers. I like to make those layers editable while other layers locked. Is there a way to do so? 

thanks. Appreciate solutions please.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send them a flattened or partially flattened file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lumigraphics. I supposed that's one way. Was trying to see if there is a way to keep layers without flattening them. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, there is no edit lock on Photoshop files, like there is on PDFs and other files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Cinz5D87 wrote:

I have an artwork that I like to share w a few peeps but I only want feedback on several layers. I like to make those layers editable while other layers locked. .

Do you want them to be able to edit any of the layers or just give you feedback? If it's only feedback, one idea is this:

• Save and preserve your original file
  • Make as many duplicates as you need for the layers you want feedback on. Then show what you want to show in each of the duplicates and name them appropriately.
  • Make a PDF with each of the duplicates on its own page.
  • Lock the PDF for editing so they can't make edits. They will need Reader to view and make comments. You will need Acrobat to be able to lock it.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That would be an interesting feature.  Kind of like locking a PDF.  Which makes sense.

If you were sharing work with team members or clients this could come in handy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines