Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make these thumbnails?

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Photoshop CC 2019 and I use it for my YouTube channel to make thumbnails.

I was wondering how you can divide multiple layers with a diagonal line like in these thumbnails I attached. Many thanks for your help!

PSforumvoorbeeld.PNGPSvoorbeeld2.PNGPSvoorbeeld3.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use the Pen Tool (or Rectangle Tool, Ellipse Tool, …) to create white Shape Layers and apply a black Stroke to it. 

Edit: 

Screenshot 2020-03-21 at 14.15.11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another Option would be creating a Shape Layer with a white Stroke and no Fill and applying the Layer Style Stroke with a black line to it. 

That might offer advantages (the thickness of the white lines could be echanged simultaneously) but also a drawback (when it contains multiple open subPathItems those get closed). 

Screenshot 2020-03-24 at 15.22.21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines